Daily Announcements from Reagan Middle School
Monday, April 23, 2018
- 8th grade parents – PSAT information night is Monday, April 23rd, at 5:00pm in the RMS cafeteria.
- Overdue library books or fees for lost books are due! See Mrs. Bovey or Mrs. Bay to turn those in!
- 6th-8th grade Fine Arts Open House – Thurs., April 26th from 6-8pm at RMS cafeteria. 6pm will highlight 8th grade poets, 7pm will highlight RMS Glee Club. Select artwork from 6/7/8th grade will be on display as well. Refreshments will be served. Come experience the arts at Reagan Middle School!
- Students and Parents: Yearbooks are selling like crazy! Be sure to order yours today! We are now accepting orders at school. Pick up an order form from the office and return it with your $35 payment to us (return to main office, Mrs. Pace, or Mrs. Longan) to guarantee your copy for yearbook signing day. We have a limited number of books available!
Unsure if you have purchased a yearbook? Check the paid yearbook list on the cafeteria window! This list will be updated weekly until our pre-order school sales stop on May 11th. If there are still any remaining books after May 11th, a Cash-n-Carry sale will be held on Friday, May 18th (time to be determined - books available during Cash-n-Carry sale are usually very limited and are CASH ONLY).
- Yearbook signing day is Friday, May 18th.
- 8th graders and parents – SWAP (Student Worker Assistance Program) applications are now available. SWAP allows 9th-12th grade students to work off their athletic fees by working various maintenance or custodial jobs throughout the district. SWAP applications were mailed to each 8th grade parent (incoming freshmen). Applications are also available on the DPS website. Applications are due by Fri., May 11th at 4pm. New participants MUST attend one meeting – April 24th OR April 25th @ 5:30pm. Returning participants MUST attend one meeting – April 24th OR April 25th @ 6:30pm. Meetings are held in DHS Auditorium.
- Next year 7th grade volleyball athletes – If you have a 6th grade girl this year who is looking forward to being a part of RMS volleyball next year, see the attached form on Wednesdays. The form needs to be filled out and given back to Coach Wolf in the Madison School office. There are optional camps and 1st practice dates on this flyer. Check it out – we are looking forward to another great volleyball season!
- The Scholastic Spring Buy One Get One Free Book Fair will go from 7:45am-1:00pm. This is the last day!
- NOTE ~ Our last day of school is Monday, May 21st. Dismissal will be at 11:30.
- 8th grade promotion is on Monday, May 21st, at DHS gymnasium, 6:30 pm (students should be there 6:00-6:10 pm to check in and get lined up). 8th grade dance will follow promotion ceremony (in RMS cafeteria) and go until 10:00 pm. Drop students off for the dance at door #6. Please pick up your student in the area of door #16 (back of building).
- Parents/visitors to RMS/Madison School – please remember that a driver’s license is expected to be supplied and scanned upon your entrance to visit either school. This is a safety precaution expectation for our district as well as the Dixon Police Department to help keep our students and staff safe.
- Homework Club runs from 2:15-3:00. Homework Club will NOT be held on ½ days or early release days. Please stop in or call your counselor to get signed up! Students in Homework Club need to arrange a ride for pick up at 3:00 at door #1. Mrs. Mills will run Homework Club again this year and is a great asset in assisting students with understanding/finishing work and general student organization!
- Parents – if you have any medical concerns for your child please stop in to speak to Nurse Pierce!
Student Council – Wed., May 2(last one) @ 7:10am – room 139
Builder’s Club – Wed., April 25 May 9(last one) @ 7:10 - room 139
Royal Review – every Wed. @ 2:15-3:00 room #139
Early Act Club – @ 2:20-:300 room #128
Yearbook Committee –
Birthday Club – Every Friday @ 2:15-3:00 in room #119
CHOIR REHERSAL~7/8th Grade meets every day(starting 1-16-18) - 10:54-11:24 (before lunch)
6th Grade meets every T/W/Th (starting 1/16/18), from 10:54-11:24 (before lunch)
Glee Choir meets – Mondays starting Feb. 12th – 2:30-3:30pm