Summer Send Off Concert
Dixon High School Band Shell
May 2nd, 3:00pm
We are starting to get back to a sense of normalcy, and I am happy to announce that it is highly likely (at this point in time) that we will be having a band concert that you will be able to attend! This will be a combined band concert with both RMS students and DHS students. With this unprecedented year, we have been unable to have concerts as normal. However, with a little help from the Dixon Park District, we will be utilizing the band shell behind the DHS football field. More information will be coming sometime in April once we have more details worked out. Even though details are unknown, we still wanted to get word out as soon as possible, so everyone has time to figure out scheduling. Below are some initial concerns to be aware of for the concert.
May 2nd, Concert details:
- Plan to bring your own folding lawn chairs/blankets, we will have lawn seating
- Chairs may not be provided
- (appropriate Covid-19 spacing still applies)
- Even though this will be outside, masks are still required at this event due to Covid-19, any participants not wearing a mask will be asked to leave.
- Even though it will be outside, there is a possibility of a patron limit, more info will be coming out in April, but be prepared for this.
- If there is inclement weather, we will move to the auditorium, which will require a patron limit.
- Patron limit details coming in April
- This is an outdoor concert in May, so plan accordingly with:
- Bug spray
We are all so excited to share our first, and last performance of the year with you! Just like a lot of events this year, everything can still change at a moment’s notice, but I would mark this date on your calendar.
If you have any questions feel free to contact us,
Melissa Anderson: RMS Band/General Music – firstname.lastname@example.org
Riley Carter: DHS Director of Bands/Music Theory – email@example.com