I am pleased to announce that SWAP applications are being accepted for summer 2021 work. SWAP stands for Student Worker Assistance Program, and allows students to help pay for some of their athletic fees by working various maintenance and custodial jobs throughout the district, during the summer months. SWAP is a voluntary program, offered to any Dixon Public School student who will be in grades 9-12 during the 2021-2022 school year.
Because of IDPH guidelines and restrictions, there will be a limited amount of work opportunities this year. To best accommodate as many students as possible, students will only be allowed to work off one sport fee, equivalent to $125.00. Students will need to work 16 hours to cover that sport and available positions will be filled on a first come first serve basis. Current sport fees for DHS are $125 for the first sport, $75 for the second sport and an additional $75 for the third sport. There is a family cap of $300, which includes fees for DHS and RMS family member athletes, living in the same household.
Applications are now available online at dhs.dps170.org or at the DHS or RMS Main Office. Applications are due by 3:00 pm on Friday, May 14, 2021. Students can return their completed applications to the DHS or RMS Main office or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the application is completed, signed, and turned in, students will be scheduled for work, in the order applications were received. Calls to schedule SWAP work will begin in mid-May and continue throughout the summer.
All participants and a parent are expected to attend a mandatory informational meeting on
Monday, May 17, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. in the DHS cafeteria.
Detailed program information will be given out during this meeting.
- Students are expected to be on the job at all scheduled hours and will perform the duties assigned to them.
- Students will be responsible for signing time card at the beginning of the shift and at the end of the shift.
- All call offs must be reported, preferably 24 hours in advance to (815) 453-3490 or (815) 677-4480.
- Students are expected to comply with all directives which are related to the job assignment, work performance and safety guidelines.
- Student’s daily work performance will be assessed by SWAP supervisors. If the Supervisor determines the student is not displaying adequate performance, the issue will be addressed with the student and he/she will be given the opportunity to rectify the situation, within that same shift. If there has been no improvement in performance throughout the remainder of the shift, the student will not receive credit for time worked that day. Students will be given one opportunity to schedule another shift to make up for time lost, due to low performance.
- Students are expected to develop and maintain positive relationships and positive attitudes in all dealings with supervisors, fellow crew members, and maintenance staff.
- Students will be covered under Dixon Public Schools’ Workman’s Compensation Medical Coverage.
- Students are NOT allowed to use cell phones during work time. Phone calls or text messages can be returned during scheduled break times only.
- No money will be exchanged. Students will “earn” the equivalent of $125.00 for 16 hours of work.
- Should a student choose to leave the program or be terminated, the amount “earned” will be calculated and noted as a credit on the student’s account.
- Should the student decide to not participate in a sport activity or quit the sport/activity all “earned” fees are forfeited.